What's new
Los Santos County

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community Announcement - Staff Update #2

Aero

Head of Staff
Staff member
Management
Reaction score
Characters
Mason Hamilton
Community Announcement
Announcement #2

Hello everyone,

I am sure y'all are wondering what's going on with the server's status. The management, staff, and I have all promised to make sure that the community is kept informed with the progress of the server. I like to make sure to give out all the information that I have to give it all back to you, I'm very big on just keeping things transparent because at the end of the day this community is for you guys, not for me. I'd like to start by saying that our development team has been working hard to try to push out this server, but again we want to ensure that it's solid before we even think about releasing it to the public. I constantly am asking Bradley what the status is on the script to try to get a better understanding of what's going on. We are always looking for more people to get involved with the script, so we have been seeking out help and trying to get more developers involved in the server. We want to try to push forward and get it released to everyone, but again we have to make sure it is solid and fully ready to go before we do that. Basic features, faction system, properties, jobs, drugs, etc. We are always here ready to listen to anyone's suggestions or concerns about the status of the script and community.

First and foremost, we would like to welcome @Tony to the Development Team as a Third Party Developer. He will be focusing on creating the in-game jobs for the server and miscellaneous things for the server. One thing that we discussed is that we don't want people to have to grind and do only scripted jobs. The server will have a few scripted jobs available but most jobs will be created by players in role-play. By that we mean, you will be receiving a paycheck an hour without even having to grind jobs and you can focus on your role-play.

Over the past few weeks, Bradley has been working on improvements to the game mode, reliability, and stability in mind. With that being said the game mode is in a great state and we haven't had that many issues moving forward. Before we launch the server, we will have an open testing session to test everything, allow players to test the script and report bugs that were not found during the main testing between staff members. As for those that are wanting the estimated time of arrival of the server, there is no date or time set in stone. Our mission is to deliver a finished product to our players, where they can role play and enjoy the game.
Taxi System:
Our system is completely different from other servers where you aren't stuck in a cab and doing the job. The system we have implemented is similar to real-life ride-sharing. A player can receive a job from the Downtown Taxi Co and use their own vehicles. The person must own the vehicle, two seats or more and have the job to accept rides. The player who needs a pickup will call the hotline to request a ride, the driver must accept the ride and the person who requested the pickup must confirm they accept the ride. The confirmation message will show to the requester the vehicle the driver is in, fare amount, and license plate.​
The driver can set the fare of the ride depending on their vehicle. So, if your vehicle is luxurious you can change the fare rate per mile. The in-game system will have a meter that displays the fare amount and distance you traveled. More information about this job will be available soon in the feature documentation.​
Teasers:
  • Police Department - Vehicle Models:
    For those that haven't seen the models that are in-game for the Police Department will be showcased here. All vehicles come with emergency lights sirens sync.

• Fire Department - Vehicle Models:
    For those that haven't seen the models that are in-game for the Fire Department will be showcased here. All vehicles come with emergency lights sirens sync.

• Police Maverick (Forward-Looking Infrared):
    The forward-looking infrared system can be utilized by members who are certified in the Air Support Division of the Los Santos Police Department. The system is capable of switching between thermal, night vision, zooming in and out of the camera. In order for the camera to be utilized, they must have a trained co-pilot that is capable of operating it.

• Fire Department & Police Department - Radio Animations:
    Any time a member of the Fire Department or Police Department uses radio or departmental, the animation will play as an indicator that they're speaking over the radio. Those that utilize TeamSpeak for communications can bind their push to talk key in-game to their TeamSpeak push to talk and the radio animation will play. Please remember that this will not replace role-play at all.

• Police Department - Handcuff Animations:
    Any time a member of the Los Santos Police Department attempts to handcuff a suspect, it will play an animation that's synced for everyone and the player that's being handcuffed. The handcuff animation is just a cosmetic feature and doesn't replace role-play at all.

If you wish to keep up to date with the development of the server or view teasers, we suggest you join our Discord to follow the progression. With that being said, if you have any suggestions or ideas for the server you wish to see implemented, head over to the Suggestions forum and submit your suggestion!

New Testers

@mikethemike
@nanpou.
@Smithy
@Topaz

Congratulations to those who were selected as well as those promoted! For those that were not selected, we thank you for your interest, do not feel discouraged from reapplying in the future! New Testers are asked to contact a member of Management to be added to their new roles.

Thanks, everyone!

Maxim

Tester
Tester
Faction Management Team
Reaction score
Congratulations guys, and thanks to everyone for all of their work.

JayO

Reaction score
Characters
Laura Murphy
Can't wait to get my hands on those FD vehicles. LOVE the Quint!

Congratz to all!

Justitiae

Game Admin
Game Admin
State Government
Faction Management Team
Property Management Team
Reaction score
Characters
Henri de Montesquieu
Isaac D'Israeli III
Welcome, and congratulations!

Bradley

Management
Staff member
Management
Developer
Reaction score
Characters
Bradley Snow
Congratulations.

Biosphere

Head of Property Management
Staff member
Game Admin
Property Management Team
Reaction score
me n the boys <3 congratulations
thank you Aero for the update! awesome stuff

Erty

Tester
Tester
Modding Team
Property Management Team
Reaction score
Characters
Scott Miller, Clementine Galloway
Congratulations to everyone!

Mack

Reaction score
Characters
Richard Garner
Congratulations to the new staff - do the community proud!

Looking forward for a release soon ;)

Smithy

Tester
Tester
Reaction score
Characters
Alexander Mayfield
Excited for whats to come!

Popoy09

Reaction score
Characters
Zachary McFadden
Thank you for the update Aero, and grats to all the newly promoted testers :)

TylerA120

Reaction score
Characters
Jason McKnight
Those PD cars are looking dreamy